Have You Ever Thought About:
- What is it like being a housecat?
- What are the "secrets of life?"
- Do you ever wonder what your cat is thinking?
- Do you wonder what your cat was thinking before it entered your life?
- What about your cats' Mom or its' litter mates?
- What the wide range of your cats' "meows" and other sounds mean? If you thought (like I did) that "Mah" means "Mom", think again...you're wrong!
In Fin's words:"I'm a grannycat, a senior kitizen, but I don't mind getting older. I can't jump like a kitten anymore but I haven't just grown older, I've also grown wiser. I have so much wisdom I want to share with humans and kitties alike. I've discovered the secret of life and I want to share it with all of you. Why don't we curl up on the couch together and I'll tell you everything I've learned."
- how "family is about a lot more than blood."
- that "a paw gently petting your face means, "I love you very much and would like the gesture repeated on me. Thank you for understanding" (My Cody does this nearly every night when he is laying on my chest before we nod off to sleep and now I know what it means!
I loved so much about this book but there were a few parts that had me in fits of giggles:
- "Mousey And Me-A Tale of Forbidden Love" I know that many of you kitties out there (including my Cody) are OBSESSED with your mice, some of you overtly, some discreetly....I laughed til I nearly cried thinking of my Cody and is obsession with his one mangy red mousey...no other mousey will do. It must be RED mousey. If you have a mousey obsessed kitty this chapter will touch your heart and tickle your funny bone!
- Is there a "Blanket Monster" in your house? I bet there is....there is one in my house and I shouldn't admit that it is ME! What is a "Blanket Monster?" You will have to read this gem to find out! I won't tell!
- As Fin says "I don't want you to think it's all fun and games, being a housecat is a great responsibility" One of Fin's many "jobs" is that of waking "Mom"..."Mom getting out of bed is the official start of the day" (as it is in so many of our homes!). This segment also had me rolling with laughter because Cody will resort to his old tricks of jumping on the printer, turning it ON, hitting the paper tray, a sure-fire way to get either me or "Dad" out of bed to feed him. It is silly of us to think that our cats are unique in their attempts to waken us, I now learned that it is universal trait in "Catdom"... as Fin says when unable to waken her "Mom" "I'll knock over anything on her nightstand that'll make a crash, and if something spills (like a water glass), it's a bonus"...."I'll crackle paper on the floor, or pull some papers from the trash if necessary; whatever it takes to make it impossible for her to sleep any longer."
- "A Moon Landing"...you will have to read it to find out what THIS is! Genius, pure genius!
"Housecat CONFIDENTIAL" is witty, funny, touching, charming, thought provoking and sure to strike a chord with anyone who owns or has been owned by a cat. Fin's insight and first-paw experience on being a housecat will resonate with you as it did with me. In Fin's words once again:
|Fabulous floofy "Fin!"|
"In the end, I imagine cats want what everyone really wants---a warm place to sleep where you can feel completely safe, a gentle loving hand to stroke away your sadness, someone to curl up next to when you're lonely, and someone to make you laugh and to laugh with you."
Curl up with "Housecat CONFIDENTIAL" and allow Fin to share her "Secrets Of Life"...you will be thrilled that you did!
SOME THOUGHTS FROM THE AUTHOR: "The idea for the book began as an assignment in a short story writing class. I wanted something light and humorous to offset the darker side of my writing"..."I used to look outside myself to find joy and happiness, acquiring THINGS in order to feel satisfaction. I've realized, through Fin's eyes, you don't have to look outside to find joy. Even a simple life can bring great joy if you appreciate the things you already have within reach."
TO PURCHASE "HOUSECAT CONFIDENTIAL" visit www.amazon.com or visit Fin and Meg S. Hart at www.housecatconfidential.com
ALSO: My Cody is featured on the great blog KATT FOOD today! Stop on over and check him out...you can also submit photos of YOUR kitties with food to be featured on KATT FOOD! (Just click on the name of the blog to get there!)
ANOTHER NOTE: Thanks to our dear friend Brian from BRIAN'S HOME for having all of us bloggers spread the word about Shelter Awareness Day, January 24th....whenever possible....support your local shelters!! They can always use donations, blankets, all sorts of supplies from pens, newspapers, food, treats, toys...you name it, they need it! Whenever possible ADOPT-A-PET!!