|Zena-photo courtesy of http://theprincesstails.wordpress.com/2012/09/20/|
NO, your eyes aren't playing tricks on you. YES, that is a DOG! She is a special dog indeed! Meet Zena, the beautiful Tibetan Terrier from the blog:
The Princess Tails which is about how she is adjusting to life without her favorite doggy companion, Zac.
Zac was a friend of my Sheltie brother, Dakota and he was a special doggy. Sadly, Zac had to join my Grandpa Bobo at the Bridge a few weeks ago. Zena is coping with life the best she can. I, for one think she is doing a meowvelous job, but she still misses Zac terribly.
I was honored when Zena presented me, a kitty, with the:
Thank you Zena!! It is a complete honor to accept this award from such a special doggy. One of the requirements that accompanies this award is to thank the pawson in this case doggy, who gave it to you-- DONE! Link to their blog, DONE! Tell 7 things about yourself.
Because this award came from a doggy, I am going to devote my seven things to my life living with a doggy! Specifically, Dakota!
1) I bet you don't know that I was adopted about 9 weeks before Dakota came to live with us.
|ME when I was a kitten!|
2) When Dakota came to live with us there was no separating us into other rooms. Nope! Mom didn't believe in that. She did an internet search on how to introduce a dog to a resident cat, and read about putting a TINY bit of the same perfume on me, Dakota, Dad and herself! When Mom and Dad brought Dakota home, they put his crate down on the floor and left the crate door shut for a bit. I circled and sniffed. I hissed once and only once! I never hissed at him again! Mostly cause Mom said "You're gonna get along dammit!" Kidding! Sort of! We were fast friends ever since!
3) Dakota can't eat my cat food or my toys, or get into my litter. Mom made sure that half of our condo was baby gated so that I could eat, play and poop in privacy.
4) I have never, ever tried to scratch Dakota with my talon-like claws. Believe me, he often gets on my nerves, but I deal with him in other ways. Brutal fighting isn't my style. I would rather tease the daylights out of him in ways such as lounging on the opposite side of the baby gate, safe out of reach, taunting him with one of my favorite toys that he can't get to! That makes him crazy and my day is complete.
5) I like having Dakota as my brother because when Mom and Dad leave and are gone for what seems like furever, I have a companion. My brother.
6) Dakota and I make a great "tag-team" at meal time. I start whining which makes Dakota start to bark. We do this in the most annoying way possible which ensures that our food is given to us right away!
7) I don't sleep with my Mom or my Dad at night. I sleep in the same room as my brother. Why wouldn't I want to? After all we ARE brothers!! I have the BEST brother in the world and the fact that he is a doggy doesn't bother me one bit! He loves me and I love him. I am thankful to have him! Life wouldn't be the same for me without Dakota being in it.
So there ya have it! I wouldn't trade my life with my doggy brother for anything!
Now...I am supposed to pass this award on to I forget how many others and yep once again I am going to break the rules cause when I follow them I get in trouble. I don't know who has had this, and who hasn't, I think you are ALL lovely, so if you haven't received this award, please accept it from ME! I am thankful for each and every one of you and for Zena for presenting this award to a KITTY!