Friday, July 2, 2010
For All Of Our "Soul Kitties" Who Have Crossed The Rainbow Bridge
The one whose fur would be dampened by our tears as he snuggled peacefully by our side just to offer us comfort.
The one who would make us laugh til our sides ached at all of his kitty crazies and craziness.
The one who you swore that " there was no other cat out there quite like him" (isn't it funny how we ALL say that about our cats?)
The Rainbow Bridge
"Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross The Rainbow Bridge together.... "
A Pet's Ten Commandments
1. My life is likely to last 10 to 15 years. Any separation from you is likely to be painful.
2. Give me time to understand what you want from me.
3. Place your trust in me, it's crucial for my well being.
4. Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment. You have your work, your friends, entertainment, but I only have you.
5. Talk to me. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice when speaking to me.
6. Be aware that however you treat me, I will never forget it.
7. Before you hit me, before you strike me, remember that I could hurt you, and yet I choose not to.
8. Before you scold me for being lazy or uncooperative, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Am I getting the right food, have I been in the sun too long, or is my heart getting old or weak.
9. Please take care of me when I grow old. You too will grow old.
10. On the diffucult journey, go with me please. Never say you can't bear to watch. Don't make me face this alone. Everything is easier for me if you are there, because I love you so.
From the Wyoming County SPCA Website.
I participate in the SATURDAY PET BLOGGER BLOG HOP!! (can't figure out how to get the widget on!)